Do you like ribs of beef? Do you like them short? Try these now!
This is what John Lenz does. And if you know John, then you know he knows his ribs.
- Go to Carneceria Tres Hermanos No. 2 (6425 Lawrenceville Hwy. NW, Tucker, GA) Walk to the back left corner of the grocery store. When you see the meat counter, locate the beef short ribs. Find Jose. Say to him “Costillas de Res por favor” (order 3 ribs per person). Ask Jose to cut them in half longitudinally. Say “Gracias! Hasta Luego!” Leave the store after paying for the ribs.
- Take yourself and the ribs home.
- Wash the ribs with water, set aside.
- Make the Judyritas listed below. Pour one for yerself.
- Go outside with the Judyrita and fire up the grill. Charcoal please.
- Put salt and pepper, or Jane’s Crazy Mixed Up Salt, or Tony Chechere’s Famous Creole Seasoning on the ribs about 10 minutes before the coals are ready. Take a sip of your Judyrita. You can add lime or orange juice to the ribs before you add the seasoning if you want a tangy flavor. (That’s what Jose does.)
- Cook em like steaks for about 10-12 minutes over the hot coals. Sip Judyrita while they cook.
- Take them off the grill and eat them with your favourite side item. Enjoy!
Serve with a brown liquour drink of your choice and do the Nashville shuffle and enjoy!