- 2 – 21/2 lbs of ground chuck
- Coarsely chopped onion (size and amount depends on how well you like onion)
- 1 box pasta (choose one of the following pastas: shells, bow ties, penne pasta)
- 2 jumbo cans crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 regular can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 1 can tomato paste (6oz)
- Little bit of vegetable oil
- Black pepper
- Bay leaves
- Shredded Velveeta cheese
- Frozen tender tiny peas
Cook pasta until al dente and drain. In a Dutch oven, sauté the onion in a little bit of oil. Add the ground chuck and brown the meat. When done, dump the meat and onions into a colander to drain the grease. Return the meat and onions to the Dutch oven. Add the pasta and mix it all together. Add the cans of crushed tomatoes, sauce and paste. Mix thoroughly, and add salt, pepper and bay leaves to taste. (Jacque would use 4 bay leaves for this amount.) Bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally, and reduce heat to a simmer.for a while. Cook peas. When ready to eat, serve Goulash topped with Velveeta, and peas on the side. Enjoy!
Serves 4 – 6 – 8…depending on who’s eating. Makes great left-overs!
This dish can be made with different/additional herbs and cheese, however, it wouldn’t be Jacque’s Goulash if you got too gourmet!
“Serve with a Manhattan or three. Enjoy!”