- 1 package Deer Burger Ground Beef or Ground Turkey works)
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Can Light Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Can Black Beans ( I like to double the black beans)
- 1/2 – 3/4 White or Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Package Chili Mix (McCormick’s Chili Seasoning is what I like)
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Jalapenos
- 8-12 Whole Jalapenos (optional, be sure to remove the guts if you don’t want the fire)
- 1 Can Whole Stewed Tomatos (14 oz)
- 1/2 – 1 Can Sliced Tomatos (14 oz)
- 1 Can Tomato Paste (8 oz), 4-8 oz water
- Red Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, Salt to taste
In a medium-large sized pan:
- Brown deer meat, drain fat
- Stir in One can Whole Tomatos (undrained), and One 8oz can tomato paste, (and 4-8oz water if necessary). (Add 14oz can sliced tomatos if you like chili w/a little more tomato – good stuff). Stir in Chili Mix. Bring to a slow boil, then reduce heat to medium and add 3 cans of beans (drained), diced green pepper, and diced onion. Throw in at least one big spoonful of minced garlic.
- If you like it a little spicy, shake in some red cayenne pepper (liberally) to get a nice slow burn.
- If you want an even better slow burn, add 1/2 cup sliced jalapenos (Old El Paso aren’t very hot and taste good). Add in 8-12 whole jalapenos (pickled) for looks. Try to pull out the vein and seeds first or they’ll burn your ass.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, adding a little beer if it looks pretty thick.Add black pepper, garlic salt/salt, etc. to taste.
- Throw in some oyster crackers, cheese, and sour creme! Eat it!
Serve with 16 ounces of Meister Brau beer learn how to catch a catfish with your hand! Enjoy!